Monday, July 14, 2014

Who has the BEST camp and Project DaysEver???? 4-H !!!!!!

When the bus for camp pulled up, that was the moment I realized what camp truly meant to the kids. Everyone looked with excitement to see their friends, relive old experience, and create new ones. My camp week started with Cloverbud camp and lead directly into 4-H camp. During Cloverbud camp I learned my role as an AC( Adult Counselor). I took my cabin to their classes and experienced some new things for myself. Creating new experiences and promoting lifestyle skills is a major part of 4-H and I was able to experience it for myself through the kids.

They learned responsibility and my patience grew stronger. So I was able to gain from the kids as well. During 4-H camp for the teens I taught Teambuilding with a fellow intern and that was amazing. It was so much knowledge that I could teach the kids and wisdom I could pass down to them. The most valuable lessons I taught were to be great enough to know who you are but humble enough to let someone else take the lead sometimes; and never be afraid to reach the unreachable.  Looking back, it was an journey of growth and fun that I would encourage anybody to go on.

Moving on to project days! We had a sewing project day which the girls had so much fun learning how to properly sew, also they made bags and skirts for the upcoming fair. Another project day we had was a cooking day, where the kids could make recipes that were eligible for fair entering. We also had an Entomology day, During this project day kids collected bugs and did the process of bug preservation to make a bug collection. These are just a few project days of many that we have had in Franklin County. During these weeks I also finished my finale project in which I taught nutrition and the kids were able to make pumpkin whole wheat pancakes at the end. Although the summer is coming to the end I have had the best supervisor, Whitney D. McKoy

Lauren White 4-H Intern
Franklin County











No comments:

Post a Comment