Thursday, July 24, 2014

How can there only be a few weeks left?

I can't believe I'm coming to the end of my ninth week with extension and only have three weeks left in my internship. This summer has FLOWN by. I don't have a lot to report for this blog, as I was on vacation last week, and with the Intern Roundup on Friday will only have four days in my office this week! This week saw the end of a few of the summer programs I have been attending. I will be sad to visit Farley Elementary for the last time this afternoon. I made them a little treat, as healthy as a treat could be, and am going to discuss how treats and "sometimes foods" should really only be for special occasions, such as the ending of the summer and beginning of school! I also plan on reviewing what all we have discussed and learned this summer. I had my last day at Heath Elementary on Monday, and finished the summer by doing yoga with them. Many of them told me how much they enjoyed it and asked when we could do it again. I still have one more week teaching LEAP at the daycare center where I have been, and I will be especially sad to not visit them anymore. They are the sweetest group of 3- and 4-year-old kids. This past week I took them cherries to taste and taught them how to remove the pit. At first they were very resistant to eating them and told me they didn't like "those kinds of cherries" but all of them ended up trying them and most asked for seconds. I'm excited for the Intern Roundup tomorrow, to visit with everyone, and see what they all have to say about their summers that has not been said on the blog!

See you all tomorrow!
Devin Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment