Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Gearing Up For Theatre



Very sorry, this was meant to be posted last week, but somehow, it did not make it up to the blog. 

I am currently in the process of putting the final touches on my special project, a production of the play The 39 Steps in collaboration with the Menifee Community Theatre Group. The play is this weekend, and frankly, I'm stressing out a little bit. At this point in the production process, it becomes evident whether or not you have prepared enough. I'm proud to say that I have advanced my skills in promotion and advertising, though. My posters and fliers are taped up all over Menifee County, and I have been posting on Facebook like a madman.

            I also had the chance to do a radio interview with the local newspaper, which resulted in an article that appeared on the front page of last week's paper, along with the poster design that I created. I'm glad to have Extension's resources on my side while planning this event, since I have had to reach out to a lot of people while promoting this production. I can see that Extension lends a certain air of credibility to any community action project, particularly when 4-H is involved.

            I am glad to have had the chance to put myself out there to meet more members of the community. I like being known as an active member of my community, and being an intern has greatly improved that opinion of me. People see me as a professional now, whereas they did not before. While preparing for my project, I think about all of the people who have assisted me, both as a result of my connection with Extension and not. My hope is that Menifee County Extension will continue to partner with the Menifee Community Theatre Group on similar projects, which will provide more youth the chance to build skills and confidence that will benefit them in the future. I believe that this play will achieve that for those involved, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment