Friday, July 25, 2014

My Lessons


My Lessons

            Over the course of my extension internship I have learned much more than just crop production out at Spindletop Farm.  I have learned many life lessons that I will use for the rest of my life into future careers.  These lessons that I have learned have shaped a new me that I am excited to share in the years to come.
            Over the summer, I have definitely learned how to be a team player.  In the past I have always struggled with this concept.  I am the kind of person that will take on a job myself and make sure it gets done.  This summer all of my work done on and off the field has been with a team of people.  All summer we have had to work around each other’s needs and schedules.  This has been the biggest lesson I have learned this summer for many reasons.   I can honestly say after leaving the Grain Crops Team out at Spindletop, I will leave a new person.  I will leave as the kind of person that takes on tasks with others and works in a team effort.  I have learned this summer that the more people doing a task the better it is done and more efficiently it is done. 
            By learning to be a team player I know that I am ready to be in Extension one day as a career, because that’s what Extension is.  It is a team effort.  We are all in one effort to better the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the agriculturalists that shape it’s ground.  I am excited to know that one day I could potentially be apart of such a team.  I am one that wants to make a difference in tomorrow and I know for sure Extension is the way to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment