Friday, July 11, 2014

Wait, I'm not an agent?



I really don’t even know where to start with this one. I constantly feel more like a part of a team in our office and it is so nice to not feel like an outsider or really even an intern sometimes. Of course, there are plenty of reality checks where I realize I’m nowhere near knowing it all. 
 
There are days that I feel like I know exactly what I’m doing, I know all the important people in extension, and they all know me. Then I will have to take my computer and run because we forgot we had poultry judging practice today until the kids we were taking showed up; and I’ll meet a whole slew of knew people and learn things I never even knew existed. 

This week I have gotten to work a lot with FCS due to my 4-H agent taking some vacation days. I am working with our FCS agent to get ready for a program tomorrow called “A Day out with Dad” where we provide information on fatherhood and the importance of a father figure in a child’s life. It will be located at Grayson Lake State Park where the kids and fathers will be provided with fishing poles to fish as well as the facilities at the park. 

I am so excited about all the things I’m getting to do and all the people I’m beginning to meet, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store!

Kelsey McGlone, 4-H

No comments:

Post a Comment