Monday, July 21, 2014

County Fair to State Fair!


Ever since our own county fair a few weeks ago, Cathy and I have been asked to help judge some of the 4H exhibits at other counties fairs. The Trimble County fair was going on at the same time as ours, so they sent some people to judge our exhibits, and Cathy and I went to judge theirs. Seeing all the work that the kids put into their projects and the talent that is shown is astounding. Also, going to fairgrounds that I’ve never been to before is a good way to explore Kentucky. I’ve never actually visited Trimble County despite being in an adjacent county. This coming week is Spencer County’s fair, and I’ve been asked to judge over there Wednesday. I’m looking forward to it!
After the county fair was over, we had to collect all the winners of each class and record them, because they all get the chance to go to the state fair. Because the state fair requires a social security number for each person, I’ve been trying to get a hold of people via phone. It gets frustrating after going through the list of people and getting one number while leaving what feels like hundreds of voice mails. It's all coming together and will be done soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment