Thursday, July 3, 2014

Wait? Is it July Already?

Time can really escape you when you are living in an Extension office. Really. You are organized, have your calendar completely up to date and never miss an event or caught blind-sighted with what is coming up, but for some reason, everything can turn into a blur. This is my 6th week at the Lawrence County Extension office, which means my internship is half over. To me that seems impossible because I have done so much and at least twice that left to do! In the past three weeks, I've been apart of 3 Day Camps in my county (Two of which I had to Facilitate alone), Take teens to a Poultry practice in Magoffin County, Survive my first Farm and Home Field Day at the old Dedrick 4-H Camp, drive all over this county to drop off flyers/buy pots/give out vouchers, and cook/can jams/jellies/breads/sauerkraut.

My Agent is phenomenal. Honestly I think we have been matched pretty perfectly. She makes me feel like I am capable of anything because of the amount of trust and faith she has in me. My fears at the beginning of the summer of struggling all summer were completely unfounded. This office truly has become a second home to me and everyone here has become a friend. I feel as though I am thriving in extension! The rest of the summer may go by fast, but I intend to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment