Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Off to Camp we go!

The past few weeks have been extremely busy!  These weeks have been filled with Kentucky 4-H Teen Conference, Mercer County 4-H Camp and Cloverbud Camp.  I had an absolute blast during these weeks though and learned about many of the things that happen "behind the scenes" for these camps and conferences to take place.  I never knew how much paperwork needed to be sent out and processed, nor did I know how much work goes into orientations and training sessions for adult and teen counselors to be able to go to camp.  Our counselors were required to have a full 24 hours of training before being allowed to attend camp as JC's.  This was surprising to me as when I was a JC myself in a different county we only had two training sessions to attend!

One of my favorite things of the past few weeks was being able to attend Cloverbud Camp for the first time.  I was not surprised at how much energy these campers had, but I was surprised at how enthusiastic they were to do EVERYTHING!  This was a wonderful experience for me and a quite adorable one as well.  I would love to come back to Cloverbud Camp in the future.

I am still enjoying my internship very much and can't wait to see what other opportunities it holds for me in the coming weeks.  The coming week will be very busy as I am assisting our FCS agent with a nutrition program and I can't wait to see what new things I get to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment