Tuesday, July 22, 2014

4-H camp was a blast!!

This past week I got the chance to attend 4-H camp with 32 campers! I had 19 girls in my cabin all about 10 years old. It was a very hectic week keeping up with the girls and making sure they attend classes and take their medications on time but overall very fun! The girls overcame many obstacles during this week away at camp.

 Some girls opened up and made new friends, while some just battled being homesick but stuck it out and survived camp! It was fun for me learning about the girls I was over and seeing their personalities bloom throughout the week. The kids took archery, horsemanship, ropes course, swimming, crafts, and more! There was never a dull moment at camp, if they weren't in classes they were free swimming or slip and sliding!!

Not only did I connect with the 4-H girls at camp but bonded with the agents! The new 4-H agent attended as well as the agriculture and natural resource agent. Fun was had by all and many of the campers did not want to leave camp and come home!
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment