Thursday, July 10, 2014

A little over halfway there!

I can not wrap my head around the idea that my internship is beginning to wrap up. It has by no means slowed down though. I am a little over halfway completed with this summer experience of a life time.

Over the past couple of weeks so much has happened that I haven't really had a moments rest. Before celebrating the holiday weekend, we here at the Bracken County Extension office had our own celebration. The tractor driving contest that was held in Greenup county that 4-H kids took part in was a contest that they could win and travel on to the State Fair and compete. We took two kids and both are going to state!! It was a great experience to see these young kids compete for the first time and advance on to the state level. I was glad to be a part of the celebration. The enjoyment these kids father had and the excitement and proudness of his children's win on his face is a memory I won't forget. He was so proud and just as excited as they were.

With 4-H camp just around the corner a few meetings have been in order to square away everything and get a little training under the volunteers belts. I have never been to camp so this experience is something I am going to be completely new too. 4-H camp will be my last week with extension and what a way to end it!

This week we had a two day day camp for our younger group of kids. I have so much respect for teachers in the elementary schools that's for sure. This group wore me out every day. I had to schedule a power nap every evening when I got home I was so beat. The kids enjoyed all the crafts, we had guest come and give little demos. A local fireman came, and doctor in the county took time to come out, and we had a few more. The kids really enjoyed each visit and had many questions for each guest. Between helping with crafts and getting soaked to the core these two days were amazing. I loved hanging with the kids!

I can only imagine what the next couple of weeks have in store. The last few are not going to be easy. I think everyone of my days is filled with something and some even have a couple of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment