Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Busy, Busy!!!

Photo: :: Promoting 4H today.. Charlie Brown Style!It has been an extremely busy month for Crittenden county! However Crittenden has received some good news and bad news... Good news first, we got a new 4-H agent! This is huge for Crittenden county because we have been without one for awhile now. We also got double the amount of kids signed up for 4-H camp this year. Let the fun begin!!

With the new 4-H agent starting we had to make room for her! I cleaned out the spare office and cleaned out the storage shed behind the office. I organized and labeled everything so all the agents wouldn't get their supplies mixed up. I found so many random things in the shed and had a little fun with it..

On to the bad news.. Last time I blogged I mentioned setting traps out in a raspberry patch to catch the spotted winged drosphila. Unfortunately the pesky pest were trapped after the traps being out for just one week. It is under investigation right now if these traps can catch these flies and prevent them from infecting the fruit or if the traps are merely just a way to catch a few and know they are present in the area.

I got the opportunity to attend the KACAA conference at Kentucky Dam Village. My favorite part about the conference was the in-service training where I was shown different samples of trees and plants and then taught how to identify the problem. Some problems I could identify because I have saw it come through the office but some were tricky! The in-service was hands on and very informative, I'd go again! 

On a side note from Agriculture, I have been attending the Crotchet Corner class every other Wednesday at the office on lunch break. I have successfully made a head band and a dish towel!

Until next time friends!!!!
MaKenzie Market
Crittenden Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment