Saturday, July 12, 2014

Half Way Point Already?! What?! Weeks 5&6

Weeks 5 and 6 at the Floyd County Extension Office have zipped right by! I can not believe that I am already half way finished with this internship! The past two weeks have been full of gearing up for 4-H camp next week and we have been busy, busy busy....

Week 5


During week 5, I got to attend new camper orientation. Since I have never been to 4-H camp before, it was interesting to me as well. There were plenty of eager and excited faces in the building for this! I also got to attend another teen counselor training in Lawrence County this week. This one was even more fun that the last one. The teens worked on their talent show act....let's just say it's sure to be entertaining.

Remember when I said that we were working on mixing music together in the last blog? It turned out great! But....we did have some help. All in all, I would say it was a success!



Week 6
We kicked off week 6 with another Day Camp at John M. Stumbo Elementary! This was the smallest day camp we have had...we only had 8 students, but their big personalities certainly didn't let it feel that way. Day Camps have been my favorite part of this internship so far! I love being around all of the kids and helping them learn new things. We have done a lot of paper work and filing this week....and I do mean a lot. There are like a kajillion papers that campers have to fill out and that we get to organize. We also had to pack everything for camp - you would be surprised at the amount of stuff that you can cram into a van.
I had the chance to work more on my special project this week as well, I am almost finished with the largest part of it and am excited about how it is turning out!

Monday we head to 4-H Camp at JM Feltner....I am very excited about my first experience here!




No comments:

Post a Comment