Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"The Clover Games" By: Jordan Bramblett

“The Clover Games”

The Clover Games is the theme for this year’s Madison County 4H Camp at the J.M. Feltner campground in London, KY. The theme has taken a spin-off from the popular novel and movie and I will be the first one to say that I believe that it is an excellent idea for the camp and the campers have enjoyed every moment of it. To incorporate the them to the camp, we have developed field games for the campers to participate that deal with the camp classes, archery and swimming.

One thing I do want to say about this years camp experience is that from my previous experiences camping with Hardin Co. and Jefferson Co. is that Madison Co. is extremely organized with the entire camp as a whole. I mean every “T” has been crossed, along with every “I” being dotted. The level of organization has played a big part of the success and (ease) as us, staff members had to work with. Small things like separating the girls and boys luggage and labeling them with the assigned cabin numbers to help with unpacking when we arrived to camp was a good idea, it saved us so much time and stress.

Another thing that I thing I want to point out from my observation at the Madison County camp is that there is a great deal of support from volunteers and parents of the campers. We probably have about 60-70 adults here to help out for the week and I just think that is amazing because I know how difficult it can be receiving support, and support of this magnitude for an event like this.










No comments:

Post a Comment