Friday, July 25, 2014

County Fair Fun!


Well I have always been active at our county fair but this year was completely different being in charge of organizing the events and preparing for our livestock auction.
On Saturday I completed my intern project where I hosted a livestock judging clinic for our 4-H members.
I announced the winners at the auction on Wednesday. All the      4-Hers were very great-full for this opportunity.





On Sunday I set up our 4-H exhibits and helped write results from the judges decisions. We placed the appropriate ribbons on all the entries.

On Monday I attended the rabbit and poultry show where we had 3 rabbit entries and 7 poultry entries. The exhibitors made posters explaining their projects and showing what they had done with their animals. Later was the pig show where it was very intense. I handed out ribbon and broke up pig fights with our cutting boards. I was at the fair from 9am to 10pm working.
On Tuesday I was busy with the lambs and goats getting them weighed in and ready for the show. Then I saw some great exhibitors showing their lamb and goat. This was a great experience. I also weighed in steers and market heifers this day.
On Wednesday I had to prepare for the beef show and help with it. After it ended we prepared a sale bill for the auction that night. The auction went great with an awesome amount of buyers in attendance.
Its been a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment