Monday, July 21, 2014

7 Weeks Already?

Week 7
I can’t believe that I’ve already been here 6 weeks! This internship has been flying by. Monday of week 7 started off with an office meeting where everyone updated everyone else on what’s going on. Some pretty exciting things are happening in the office this week. I worked on getting ready for my two upcoming projects, the Belfry Library mural on Thursday July 17th and the Belfry Summer Art Camp on Wednesday July 23 and Thursday July 24. Everything for the library mural has been coming together pretty quickly. I was a little worried about the canvas arriving on time but it ended up arriving a day early! I’m so glad everything is coming together!
I spent all day Tuesday sketching out my design on the 5 ft x 10 ft canvas in pencil. I wanted to get it just right. On Wednesday I finished up the graphite sketch and then traced over the whole design with a black paint pen. Thursday morning I came into the office to check my email, look up the directions to the Belfry Library (for the hundredth time), and load the mural supplies in my car. Then it was time to hit the road! We only had a small group of kids at the library, several were gone on vacation, but we still had a lot of fun! We painted for for almost 2 ½ hours straight! It was tiring work but the kids were determined to finish it. It looks great! When I got back to office I finalized my plans for the Belfry Summer Art Camp next week. Joel, the Horticulture Assistant, made brownie bites, so Thursday was a very good day! Thursday was also the first performance of the last weekend of Rex’s Exes at the Artists Collaborative Theatre.
Friday I helped out at the Arts House. They had several new artists bring some of the work by to display, so I helped with pricing and taking inventory of the new pieces. I also helped set them out in the gallery/gift shop area.

Meredith Yount
Pike County Fine Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment