Monday, July 21, 2014

July's events in Scott Co.

CAMP KABOOM!!!

4-H camp was a blast! We went to camp at North Central, in Carlisle, KY. To say the least it was beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of it. Though I've never been that hot in my life, or never been put in a situation where I was unable to escape the heat, it was a lot of fun and the youth kept me very entertained. My favorite event was the Swim Olympics. I enjoyed seeing all of the agents and adults participate. It was a lot of fun. I really really enjoyed the bonfire as well. It was so pretty to see the humongous 4-H clover lit on fire, with a glowing green fiery center. It was amazing to say the least. After the bonfire we also got to watch a firework show on the lake in the spirit of 4th of July weekend. In my book camp Red, White and Kaboom was definitely a success.

I was also fortunate enough to teach a class at camp. Myself, along with Lauren (Franklin Co. 4-H intern) were able to build a curriculum for a team building course. We came up with different games and activities that challenged the youth to work together and to practice some of the team work essentials. I had a lot of fun teaching the class, especially the relay races. 


CUPCAKE WARS!!!

I thought cupcake wars was really neat. We teamed up with Franklin Co. and put on cupcake wars for the youth that wanted to participate. It was awesome. The youth learned how to decorate their cupcakes, how to mix icing, how to bake a cupcake, and some pretty cool recipes. Though I enjoyed watching the youth hurry to mix their batter to begin the competition, I also was pretty excited to be a judge. The youth were judged based on cleanliness, taste and presentation. My favorite one was the peanut butter and jelly cupcake. It may sound a little weird but it was AMAZING!

FARM CITY FIELD DAY!!

I had a lot of fun with our Ag Agent Michelle, getting prepared for field day. We had the event at Dale Glass farm. It was very nice. There were a lot of people that showed up and the food provided by the FFA Alumni was perfect. There were plenty of booths set up to provide information about the latest trends and information surrounding farming, and equipment. There was also a beautiful day lily patch, where people were able to request flowers if they wanted. The evening was amazing, and even though the forecast said rain, it missed us, and the event turned out great. 

GARDEN DAY CAMP!!

The Garden Day Camp was put on by the FCS agent, in conjunction with the homemakers. I was able to help with the camp and provide a couple of extra hands when needed. I really enjoyed the youth during this camp. They were so thrilled about learning how to correctly plant a flower, how to identify certain kinds of plants, they were able to decorate their own pots, and even made a "pizza plant" equipped with everything needed to make a pizza in one large pot. It was a good time to say the least! I learned a lot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment