Monday, June 24, 2013

WEEK 3 AND 4


WOW!!! It seems like I just blogged, how the time is flying by. Before I know it I will be done with this internship!!! The last two weeks have been busy, busy!! We had our county fair the week of June 10 to June 15. That was a very busy week. On Monday I done something I have never done before, judge the pet show. Let me just say that was a day I’ll never forget. The pets some of the kids had were just off the wall!!! I had everything from a calf, dog, cat, (your normal pets) all the way down to an earthworm and crawfish. It was hard for me to pick a winner in some of the class because you could get see the smile and happiness coming from all the kids that I didn’t want to hurt their feelings. I mean come on they’re all so cute and having fun. So in the younger age divisions we just gave a blue ribbon to everyone. But when it came down to the very last class of the day, the costume class, and I had to pick a winner, oh my, that was a hard decision to make. And the winner was: THE MEXICAN CHICKEN!!!  

                     
I had the chance to go out with our Agriculture agent On Wednesday June 12. This was a very experience for me because we visited Blueberry farmers. I had never been to a blueberry farm before and I didn’t know much about blueberries. So being able to travel with him to visit farmers was very good for me. I learnt a lot of different things about blueberries and I also was able to meet some nice farmers in the community.

                     
We hosted the district Dairy Show on June 15 and it was a very nice hot long day. We had around 114 entries. It was a nice experience to be able to see all the different breeds of cattle and to be able to see the youth show them. I didn’t have it to hard that day, I was the ribbon girl. I hope I said something nice to each of them as the exit to ring.




    
Monday June 17, I did a wood science day with a few children. We had a toolbox and a bug barn. All have to say about that day is thank God I didn’t have a ton a kids. We had three kids that day and that was plenty because if one didn’t need help the other ones did. And there was only one of me so I had to help them all at the same time. But overall it was a good day!!

   
The next day we made our way to Bowling Green to the district horse show. This brought back a lot of old memories. I can remember when I showed at the district horse show there, and every time I went into the arena I had butterflies in my belly. So of course I enjoyed this day to the fullest, being able to set back and watch the show as I help with it. We had two young ladies that were showing and they both did an outstanding job. I wish them the best at the State fair show!!        

 
Now I’m ready to see what the next two weeks as to throw at me, hopefully it’ll be something fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment