Saturday, June 22, 2013

On the GO!


Since last time I have been very busy traveling. We started off last week leaving on Monday morning for 4-H Teen Conference. Mercer County had 21 delegates that attending making us have the largest delegation at the conference. This conference was an experience; the kids loved it and had a great time. While at conference I also helped with the Spotlight class. I helped create the ending video for the conference from pictures that were taken by the students in the class.






 

After returning for conference on Thursday afternoon, on Friday we then took a group of kids to Holiday World for their awards trip. In order to go on the trip the students must have completed at least 3 events/competitions. We took 11 4-H members with us to Holiday World and had a very fun time.

After returning home on Friday night late, I then had to begin packing my bags for 4-H camp. We left Monday morning for Camp. Mercer and Jessamine County camped together with a total of 382 campers at camp.  With this being my first time ever at 4-H camp I did not know what to expect. I had a blast, I loved working with the kids and watching them grow over the week. You can truly say that camp impacts many lives and inspirers kids to try new things.  


Even after being away from home for two weeks straight, I wouldn’t change this for anything I had an awesome time getting to know students and interacting with them. I have had an amazing experience with extension so far and have loved every minute of it. Next week on Friday the 28 of June we leave back for camp again but only this time with 41 cloverbuds! This should be very exciting and I am looking forward to the next two weeks at work. There is never a dull moment in the life of an extension agent!

No comments:

Post a Comment