Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jefferson Co.- YOLO (First Two Weeks)

Good Day Everyone,

I am Marquel Lett, I am interning in Jefferson County. My first week was very business, especially the first day. I started on a Saturday, early in the morning. We had the 4-H Communication  Event at Watkins United Methodist Church. I was a room host and had a great time. The first day in the office was that following Monday. On that day we had a staff meeting and discussed new and old business. I learned on my first day that the floor our office was on was right under a MORGUE!!! Ms. Ashley had set up my own desk in her office and I held a baby chick on the FIRST day. Needless to say the first day was great and very eventful.






 I participated in many events the first two weeks. One including the reality store at Seneca High School. It was a great experience for the kids because they got to experience the life of being a grown up. They got paid a salary amount and got to spend it in which ever way they wanted. The booths I worked were Clothing booth and transportation. It was funny to see how the kids would react to how much money they had. One kid had purchased a huge truck but didn't clothes to wear or a house. It got the freshmen thinking about money management and it allowed them to see the way adults learn how to handle their money.
 I also attended an FFA banquet at Seneca High School, which is the ONLY FFA chapter in Jefferson County. It was my first FFA event and I also tried a cake pop for the first time on that day too! It was very organized and enjoyable. It was amazing to see how passionate those kids were about FFA. They retired their jackets and also had the new Executive Board on display.


 
 
Marquel Lett
Jefferson County 4-H

No comments:

Post a Comment