Friday, June 21, 2013

Another 2 Weeks Down

What a fun time I have had over the past two weeks here in Robertson County. The fun began last week with Teen Conference. We had 5 teens from Robertson County that attended. They all really enjoyed the week and are looking forward to next year. As a teen in 4-H I had the opportunity to attend Teen Conference 3 years in a row. When I attended Teen Conference as a delegate I was always involved in the fashion review. It was really neat for me to attend as a chaperone because I was able to see more of what went on during the week. I helped with a couple of workshops and tracks throughout the week. My supervising agent, Shannon Farrell and her sister Shelley Meyer, along with another agent from Boone County did a workshop called “You Be the Chef”. I enjoyed helping them with this workshop. The first day of the workshop the teens had to make a breakfast meal. We had a panel of judges that came in and selected a winner for the best breakfast meal. Some of the other interns and I made stuffed breakfast peppers and they turned out really good! The next day they had to make a healthy snack and a smoothie. I also helped with another workshop where the teens had to make an outfit out of tissue paper, duct tape and other random items that were given to them.

This week began with the state livestock judging contest which was held in Muhlenberg County. We had 4 kids that participated in the contest. They all did really good and had a great time.

We also had camp orientation this week for our kids going to camp. Everyone seems excited about going to camp in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow we will be having our market jackpot livestock show. We have worked hard this week preparing the show barn. We hope to have a good turnout. We have got a busy couple of weeks coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment