Thursday, June 13, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past few weeks have been very busy here in the office as well as outside of the office.  The last week of May was full of meetings with various people in the community about the field day that we will be hosting in a couple of weeks.  We also went out the the McDowell Trust Farm, the farm we are having the field day, to show the speakers for the field day around and find areas of the farm where they can do demonstrations for the farmers and members of the community. The speakers we will be having are both from UK and are J.D. Green and Kenny Seabold.  Dr. Green will be discussing how farmers can control pesky weeds in their pastures and tell them the best chemicals to use as well as when to treat the problem areas.  Dr. Seabold will be talking about different diseases in tobacco to help farmers identify the problems before they get to damaging.
The first week of June, I was on vacation to go on a mission trip here in Kentucky so I was not in the office, but it was still a very busy week for me.  This is why I am a week behind on my blogging. 
This week was kicked off by Teen Conference at the University of Kentucky and was a lot of fun.  I am mainly an Ag. and Natural Resources intern but I also help our 4-H Agent, Michael Myer, also whenever he has a lot going on.  I grew up in FFA and not 4-H, so Teen Conference was completely new to me.  However, I did have a really good time going to the different tracks and workshops throughout the week as well as the assemblies and dances that were held.  This week continues to stay busy because there is several things to work on for Relay for Life in Harrison County tomorrow night.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment