Monday, June 24, 2013

fair week fared well

Wow! Union County Fair week 2013 is finally wrapped up!  As a kid, the fair is this awesome thing that rolls around once a year in the summer, but you have no idea how much behind the scenes work goes into making it a success.  From the 4-H perspective, there were a lot of parts I didn't know existed or really what went on to make it happen.

I'm a little early for blog post #3 but the fair was so jam packed that I think it could count for 2 weeks worth of material (plus this week will be a slow week).  I saw it all this past week from the livestock show to the 4H drill team girls to judging exhibits to the annual country ham breakfast.  For as crazy as it got a few of those days, I would say we had another successful fair week.

I tried to get a few pictures as I remembered it or had the chance to snap a couple.  In my opinion, the 2 most successful parts of the fair week (as far as 4-H is concerned) was the country ham project and its fulfillment at the ham breakfast and the livestock show even though entries were down.  For both of these events, we had some talented Union County 4-Hers as well as a few from the surrounding counties come to join us.


I also got to see a rabbit show for the first time on Saturday after the breakfast.  I know nothing about rabbits so I was a little lost - but it was still a good experience.  I may be allergic to the though!  Stephanie and I got to see everything from the tiny baby rabbits to the huge Flemish rabbits.  Now that was cool!  She also brought along her lovely little helper who seemed to love the rabbits already!



No comments:

Post a Comment