Friday, June 7, 2013

A Busy Two Weeks




Hello everyone! I hope that everyone’s internships are going as good as mine! I have been very busy the past two weeks! Since my last blog we have had our 8th annual Fort Harrod Beef Festival which was a huge success.  I helped with the carnival corral, which is a fun center for kids as well as some of the grill off competition. This event took lots of planning, preparation, and setting up. Even though I was super tired on Sunday I had a blast working and helping with the festival. The kick off for the festival was the Cattle Crawl which is a progressive dinner in which we went to different restaurants in Harrodsburg.   Also during the Beef Festival we had a District Dairy Show that was also fun to attend. We spent many hours checking in the dairy cattle.





Besides the Beef Festival I have been working very hard on 4-H camp applications and our orientation,   lots and lots of paperwork.  The kids are super excited about attending camp and are looking forward to a very fun time. 

I have also been helping our FCS Agent with LEAP program at a local daycare. We have been reading stories to the students as well as preparing a healthy snack for them to try. I really like this program and think that it has helped kids try new foods that they may not eat at home. This week’s snack was a spinach salad that the kids actually loved. I was very shocked at how many students asked for more. 

These two weeks have been very busy, but I have loved every second of it. The next two weeks should be very interesting as we leave for teen conference on Monday and then Camp is the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment