Monday, June 17, 2013

Staying busy in Union County!

I've hit the ground running since being back from 4-H camp!  Prepping for Teen Conference and helping our FCS agent with her program "World's Greatest Baby Shower."  It was a good experience to get a little time under another program area of extension besides 4-H.  The program went very well and got a lot of positive reviews, with around 30 mothers in attendance, so that will be good for next year.

Shifting gears, while Stephanie and I were getting ready for Teen Conference, we traveled around the tri-county area for craft supplies for our track.  Who knew small safety pins were such a hard thing to find?!  All in all the track was a success with the ones who signed up regularly for it as well as the Fashion Revue teens.



Teen Conference in general was a very cool experience!  Much like 4-H camp, I was doing summer sports while this was taking place so I have accomplished another 4-H first as an intern!  A big kudos to the agents and interns as well as the teens who worked so hard on the Fashion Revue -- I loved it!  Decorations were great, and many great ideas from the Lync call a few weeks ago helped make it happen.  Glad to see so many of my fellow interns there as well -- the picture Martha took of all of us was good!


Today kicks off Union County's fair week.  Busy, busy, busy!  Livestock exhibits and judging will be today, so it will be a long Monday!  I love fair week, so I'm excited to kick it off!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment