Sunday, June 2, 2013

4-H Camp - Success!

My first 2 weeks at Union County have been good so far - a lot of prep work for 4-H camp and getting familiar with the ins and outs of the office.  Our group has just returned (well, as of Friday afternoon) from our week session at 4-H camp in Dawson Springs.  I had never been to camp, even when I was younger because my summer sports always were the same time.  So I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to experience this.  In total, we had 8 counties at camp and not all of them were close geographically to Union County.  I enjoyed meeting the other agents from around the state!

One of my favorite parts of camp this week was seeing how well our teen leaders interacted with the younger 4-Hers with getting them involved in the various activities throughout the 4 days we were there.



This coming 2 weeks will mainly be focused on Teen Conference in Lexington.  Stephanie is teaching a Pinterest track, and I will be assisting her with that.  I'm pretty excited actually!  Trial runs of the "projects" will have to be done this week before we leave to go there, so the meeting room at our office is most likely going to look like the craft aisle at Hobby Lobby for a few days!

I am really enjoying the diversity of 4-H -- a little agriculture, a little creativity, and meeting more and more of the agents across Kentucky.  I'm learning a lot so I would say the first 2 weeks have been a success without a doubt!  Looking forward to what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment