Friday, June 21, 2013

The End

            Alas! I can’t believe how quickly my six weeks went. I guess it’s true; time does fly when you’re having fun!
            Anyway, the last two weeks of my internship have been spent continuing with our Children’s Garden, My Project on Polymer clay & 4-H Camp.
            Last Saturday, June 15th, I got to finally teach my special interest Project on Polymer Clay & Mixed Media. I was happy to have had a great turn out with ten of the thirteen registered participants in attendance. Most everyone was new to the Polymer Clay media and were thrilled in learning how to work with this easy and fun oven bake clay. I really enjoyed teaching something that I myself enjoy doing in my spare time.
My class's lovely equine creations!

Me demonstrating adding a paint patina to the clay.

Student adding details.

            This past week was also Laurel County’s 4-H Camp Week at Feltner 4-H Camp near Levi Jackson State Park.  Even though I didn’t stay the whole time at camp I was able to join our 4-H assistants in teaching arts and crafts to our campers. We had a lot of fun making Art Explosion Tile coasters with Adirondack Ink. These fun, colorful, abstract tiles matched the camp theme-4-H Rock Stars- wonderfully.
Camper's Creations

Art Explosion Tile Samples

Even I got to try my hand at making one! 

            Though today may be my last day in the office my work with Extension will continue as a volunteer for Children’s Garden through the remainder of the summer and with the Ag. Fair later in July. My internship will also close tomorrow with one final event at the Farmer’s Market where we are putting on a June Dairy Month promotional event. Being from a Dairy background myself, and as one of two remaining active dairies in the county, promotion of the industry is vital to keeping it alive.

            As a final thought I thoroughly enjoyed my Interning experiences and hope to use the skills I gained there to help me in where ever I go and I just want to give a big Thank You to those agents and staff here in Laurel County  that made my experiences so memorable. 

Kim Patton
Laurel County Extension. 

No comments:

Post a Comment