Sunday, June 1, 2014

My First Two Weeks, 4-H, Maggie Stenger




       I just started the internship on May 19th. I have already learned so many things and what goes on around a Cooperative Extension Office. I admire how much hard work is put into making 4-H and the community grow.
       On my first day of work, I was introduced to the faculty and began right in on helping prepare for the World's Greatest Baby Shower our county offers and sponsors. Then, that afternoon I had to travel for a meeting at the GRADD building located in Owensboro, KY.
       Another thing I did during my first two weeks was attend a 4-H meeting where the 4-Hers painted flower pots to take home with them. Also, I helped with the 4-H Skating Achievement Party.
Finally, I have helped organize 4-H Camp and plan a class that I will be teaching this week. We leave Tuesday morning for 4-H camp!!! YAY!
       Although it is my third week working now, June will fly by because every week we have something going on. I will keep everyone updated on the activities and events that we are doing in the Union County Cooperative Extension Office.


- Maggie Stenger
Union County Cooperative Extension Intern
June 1, 2014
       

No comments:

Post a Comment