Thursday, June 12, 2014

Another Busy Two Weeks, Union County, 4-H Intern, Maggie Stenger

These past two weeks were exhausting but rewarding. I never realized how exhausting being an agent could be. Although it may be exhausting it is so rewarding seeing kids develop a passion for something and experience things they wouldn't otherwise.


In the past two weeks, Union County 4-H members went to 4-H Camp. The campers were awesome and behaved so well during the tornado warning. We truly had the best kids we could've had. As I was assisting at camp, I reflected on memories from when I was a camper. All the laughing, dancing, and singing was great reflection.


Also, in preparation for camp, I did not realize how much work and paperwork went into it. We had to travel 45 minutes to gather supplies for classes one work day. Then another day was paperwork. It felt like we had been preparing for it since the day I started my internship.


Now that 4-H Camp is in the past, we are working on the World's Greatest Baby Shower because the event takes place tonight. Next week, we will be at the Union County Fair Grounds because it is fair week!!


I will keep you all posted.
Thanks!


Maggie Stenger, Union County Cooperative Extension Intern, 4-H

No comments:

Post a Comment