Friday, June 13, 2014

Diagnostics and Diseases

Hello Everyone!


I've come to realize it doesn't even take two weeks to fall in love. I'm finishing up my first two weeks at Crittenden County Extension Office and LOVE what I do! I work under Meredith Hall, the Agriculture and Natural Resource Agent doing various activities throughout the day. Meredith is also over 4-H, being as there is not a 4-H agent present in the office at this time.


With all the rain and cooler temperatures Crittenden County has experienced many fungal diseases coming about such as slime mold, head scab, and Septoria Blotch. Meredith and I have went on many farm visits to investigate people's situations. Usually when we do farm visits we take a sample of the leaf, root, or tree branch to better look at it at the office or send it off to the research lab in Princeton.


I attended a Floral Arrangement class in Caldwell County where I learned the basics of how to create an arrangement. After I left this class I dropped by the UK Research Lab in Princeton, KY. At the lab I met many professors and even got to check out insects in a microscope we had collected the day before with Patty Lucas.


Currently at the office we are counting ribbons and camper gear to prepare an order so were ready to  head off to 4-H Camp and kick off the fair in July! I'm excited for the weeks to come and will report back to everyone what all is happening with Crittenden County Extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment