Monday, June 2, 2014

My crazy, hectic, awesome first two weeks!

What an interesting first two weeks this has been! On my very first day I designed our county camp counselor t-shirts, on my second day I went bowling with our Teen Council, we have gone to Spare Time with West Carter Middle School, attended a Recreation Alliance meeting, delivered 4-H awards to every school in the county, watched one of our 4-H clubs clog and sing for the community, organized my camp lesson, started my summer project, delivered Farmers Market vouchers to seniors in need, registered kids for State Communications Day and camp, attended a district budget meeting, and so much more! Talk about a busy and diverse time here at the Carter County Extension Office!




It has been really nice to be able to go around to a lot of the schools’ end of the year 4-H trips. It has let me get to know some of the kids and really see who has dedicated their time and efforts to 4-H throughout the school year.




Another of my favorite things I’ve done is going out to support the Heritage Hoedowners. We have a group of kids who had joined a local clogging group, and they really wanted to combine that with 4-H. We have  been able to cater the club to serve as a History club so they learn about traditional Kentucky folk dances and songs, and they get to clog to their little hearts’ desire!





I think the thing I am most looking forward to is my summer project with the Teen Council. We are doing a series of programs throughout the summer, and if they attend enough of them, they get to sleep with the manatees at the Cincinnati Zoo! And, guess what?! I get to be a chaperone!





All in all, I cannot wait to see what the rest of the summer brings! There are just so many things to look forward to.

Kelsey McGlone
Carter County
4-H

No comments:

Post a Comment