Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Just a little spring cleaning!


It’s hard to believe how fast this internship and summer are going, but you know what they say, time flys when you’re having fun! I’ve now come to realize that with extension you have no idea what the day will throw at you. Every day is a new adventure and it so interesting to learn the ins and outs to this fantastic field of work. Busy, only just about describes the past few weeks.  

I guess you could say that Memorial Day week I really got my hands dirty at the fairgrounds. On Tuesday, Homemaker Hall finally got it's face lift finished and let’s just say it’s a completely new building! Wednesday and Thursday I put my cleaning skills to good use, trying to clean up and put things back together. Then I rounded out the week traveling with Gary looking at alfalfa that was drilled this spring with the Harrison County Beef Cattle Association's grain drill.

 
The first week of June went off with a bang. Monday, Allison and I hung up the bathroom fixtures out at Homemaker Hall. Let’s just say no one knew I had outstanding carpentry skills thanks to AEN 252! Tuesday was my initiation as all the sectaries told me because I counted every single fair ribbon at the office. Wednesday was a regular office day where we got caught up on soil test and answered questions brought to us from the producers. Thursday morning we looked at some head scab on wheat and set the drill for someone to plant soybeans. I finished the week in the office as I talked with a producer about Reeds Canary Grass and helped with the livestock judging team.

The past two weeks have been crazy I’m finally getting acquainted with lots of producers and am certainly learning new things every day. That’s all for now though, more to come soon.

Caleb Sadler
Harrison County ANR          
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment