Friday, June 13, 2014

Fort Harrod Beef Festival and Camp Preparation!

Weeks three and four have been quite a blur for me!  During these last two weeks we have spent many hours preparing and setting up for the Kentucky Fort Harrod Beef Festival in Mercer County.  As part of this, We promoted the event online and in the community via posters, website, radio, and news interviews.  Part of my experience during these two weeks was being interviewed on the news again to promote the Beef Festival.  During these weeks I was able to assist with and attend the Cattle Crawl (a progressive dinner), wine and cheese tasting, district dairy show, 5K run/ walk, grill-offs, pageant, and visit vendor booths during the festival.  Needless to say, it was a very busy week!

In addition to preparing and hosting the beef festival, we also prepared for Kentucky 4-H Teen Conference with a delegate orientation.  We also hosted two 4-H camp orientations in preparation for 4-H camp on June 16-20.  I am very excited for the opportunities that the next few weeks have in store for me.  I know that they will be very fun!

I am really enjoying my internship thus far.  I have had the opportunity to meet many wonderful kids and help with some very interesting programs.  I can honestly say that 4-H agents are some of the hardest-working people I know.  The hours they put in and the skills they possess are quite unique to most other jobs.  However, they impact the lives of countless youth across the state in ways that you could never imagine.  I really enjoy being a part of this kind of impact on youth.  These 4-Hers may one day do the same for younger generations all because of the impact that their agent had on them.


Ky Fort Haarrod Beef Festival Link:
http://www.fortharrodbeeffestival.org/

News Interviews Link:
http://www.wkyt.com/video?videoid=2857283

No comments:

Post a Comment