Friday, June 13, 2014

Teen Conference Week 2014 and other updates!

During week three I was able to participate in a shooting sports meeting and actually shoot the air rifle. That was sooooo much fun, to be able to learn how to properly hold and control the rifle was a learning experience. When the weekend came I attended the Horse show for District 4, where I was able to help and see how horse show was ran. It was long but okay, if one is into that type of stuff. Week four was full of Teen Conference which took place at the University of Kentucky. Two words that would describe that experience for me is: Fun and Funny! I had a blast with the teens and the teen boys in our group kept me laughing. Along side my agent! It is never a dull moment when I am with her.
The track that I did at teen conference was called Gallery Hopping. We went to different art Galleries in downtown Lexington and went to a coffee shop that supported and partners with local art groups and movements in the art district downtown. That took place on Tuesday. On Wednesday, we finished our Gallery Hopping Track by going to a pottery house where I was able to make my own pottery and attempt to make pottery on the spinning wheel. Let's just say the pottery wheel was not my best work! The other pottery I had made from clay came out really good. I made a candle holder with tribal drawing on it. I was in love with my masterpiece! That night we also had district night out, we went to Malibu Jacks. That was fun! It was filled with Putt-Putt, Go-Kart ridding, and 3-D rollercoaster simulations.


 (<== Clover& Co. Performance)

            (The Pottery Wheel Attempt ==>)








All in All I can say I grew professionally alongside my fun adventures! These past two weeks have been great!

-Lauren White

No comments:

Post a Comment