Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 3 & 4 State Teen Conference

Week 3
My 3rd week as an extension intern fell during the State Teen Conference. Of course this week was full of many activities from attending different tracks and workshop to listening to many amazing guest speakers. For our district night out we went to Malibu Jacks with Breckinridge Co. The teens had an amazing time riding go-karts, playing mini golf, and much more. At the closing ceremony we had a teen announced as a new member of the 4-H Performing Arts Troop. After arriving home from conference I meet with a teen leader for 4-H camp orientation. She had never attended camp before so I got to discuss what her duties and responsibilities would be.
Week 4
This week was very hectic preparing for 4-H Camp. On Monday I had a meeting with two campers who would not be able to attend our camp orientation so we did theirs early. I also attended the shooting sports meeting that night. Tuesday was supposed to be a day I went to do a soybean test plot with the Ag Agent. Once we gathered all our supplies and prepared the planter we realized the test plot that had been set aside was not big enough to do the test we wanted to preform. So we had to cancel the test plot. That night I attended the orientation for Camp Teens and Leaders where we prepared them for camp. On Wednesday the day started with a link meeting about camp with Washington, LaRue, Taylor, and Russel Counties. We discussed all the fine details for camp. Thursday I hosted a day camp called Peace, Love, and Cupcakes. I had a great time with the young lady's that attended teaching them the basics of cooking. We made Tie-Dye Cupcakes, Pretzels, and Danishes. That night was the campers orientation where we told them what to bring and what to expect at camp. To end the week I typed the Summer Chatter and Project Day Camp Letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment