Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Time is Flying!!

Can’t believe this is my second to last blog post.  I really feel like I just yesterday was May and my first day of this internship.  Here at Union County we’ve been busy – the agents doing their reports, the county review, my quilt square project, and other community activities.  I’m sure I don’t remember all of the things we’ve done in the last 2 weeks but I’ll do my best.

Stephanie and I traveled to Louisville for the state horse show and communications day (that may have been in the last post).  Sorry if that’s a repeat!  I’m SO close to having all the stories and/or histories of the quilts hanging up for our Quilt Trail.  Under 10 to go!  I’ve come to the realization that I may not see the published book before I go back to Murray, but if it’s ready to send to the printer I’ll count that as a success.



I thoroughly enjoyed our Intern Roundup trip to Three Chimneys!  I’m not a “horse person” so all the finer details is not my area of expertise but I learned quite a bit in the short time we were there.  The racing aspect is something I’ve always liked – so it was like the horse racing hall of fame – in the presence of greatness.  Or something like that…  Also the teamwork lesson at Wallace Station! J



Yesterday was a busy day.  Commissioner Comer came to White Buck Winery as part of a Western KY tour for different commodity sites.  He spoke on the importance of knowing where you come from and the agricultural capabilities that produce much of what we consume.  For those of you who haven’t heard of Udderly Kentucky, you should check it out!  Such a great idea!  KY milk being branded and sold here in the bluegrass.  Hats off to KY Proud!  From there we went to Princeton to the UK Research Center where, UK President, Eli Capilouto spoke to a group of agents and research center staff.  Being a non-UK student, that was a cool snapshot of university life from Lexington.

Owner, Alan White (far left) welcoming Commissioner James Comer (center).




The game plan for the last 2 weeks is to track down my last few quilt stories and help tag entries for the State Fair.  More entertainment to come I’m sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment