Thursday, July 25, 2013

On the last stretch!


It’s hard to believe that I have completed 10 weeks of my internship. Time really does fly when you’re having fun! The past two weeks have consisted of a lot of cooking with Eugenia. We have held cooking classes and had demonstrations at the Martin County Farmer’s Market! This was definitely a learning experience since I’m average at best with finding my way around the kitchen. But, I’ve had a lot of fun with this summer cooking series and all of the recipes are delicious! We made Zippy Zucchini Cakes the first week. We had a few kids show up for the cooking class and they were all big fans of this potato cake alternative.










This week we made Stuffed Zucchini Boats. I was unsure how the chicken and zucchini combination would taste but they turned out great and they were a big hit at the Farmer’s Market yesterday.





Next week we are making Cabbage Noodle Casserole and I’m anxious to see how that turns out! Next week is also my last full week at the Martin County Extension Office. We have some of the Back to School bashes planned for next week as well, so it should be an exciting last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment