Saturday, July 6, 2013

Going out with a Bang!

This summer was amazing rewarding for me as a student, person, and employee going forward.  The entire summer and especially these last two weeks have been absolutely amazing!  I kicked off two weeks ago preparing for my pesticide and disease workshop that was going to be held on that Thursday I spent countless hours researching, deciding what I wanted to cover in such a short time frame made it very difficult to try and hit the high points of such a broad topic, but in the end I think I nailed it.  We got there Thursday in front of a rather decent crowd there were 12 to 15 people who showed up from a local gardening club that wanted to hear the presentation they were very interactive and I was very glad for that I will admit I was a bit nervous when I got there having never presented this kind of information to people who may have more experience than me in the pesticide field but it was a great time and I feel like they enjoyed it.
    The other high point of these last two weeks was this past week at the state ag agents meeting in Cincinnati which was awesome it really was informative and allowed me to see how things work and the voice that each agent has really surprised me the way they could directly interact with the administrative officials.  It was also a terrific opportunity for me to be able to meet some of the other agents from around the state and make myself known to them.  But the highlight for me and I’m sure for others as well was the Cincinnati Reds baseball game that we had tickets for.  Homer Bailey threw his second career no-hitter which if you follow baseball was a big deal it was something that was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see and extension provided it for me.
    I am extremely appreciative for the chance to work as an intern this summer, the office and atmosphere was amazing!! And I hope to be back with you next summer and possibly seek an agents position in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment