Friday, July 19, 2013

It's not what you do for yourself, but what you do for others...


The past two weeks have been absolutely busy!  I completed my summer project which was the 12th Annual Bracken County Showmanship Show that was held Sunday, July 14th.  It was a great turn out of participants and the donations we received from local businesses helped make it a very successful show.  I had many compliments after and I am glad everything went so smooth even though we had to adjust some things when it decided it was going to rain.  I am now working on finishing up some loose ends by putting a big thank you in our county news.

Participants of the Bracken Co. Showmanship Show
 
Along with my project, we were gearing up for 4-H camp which we left bright and early Monday morning the 15th.  It was my first time being at North Central, but it was a blast!  I am so proud of each and every child that went out of their comfort zone to make new friends and try different classes.  It was an extremely hot week to be at camp, but everyone pulled through and had an awesome time.

Now we are settling down for about a week and then the Germantown Fair will begin.  I only have three weeks left of my internship and I plan on making the best out of those last few weeks.  I hope everyone is having a great time winding down the summer and staying cool!


Crazy campers & counselors! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment