Monday, July 1, 2013

Finding a Project, Jessica Barnes

This entry is a little late due to the fact that I was on vacation last week when it was due. Please accept my apologies.

I had begun thinking more seriously about what my project for the summer was going to be. From going on the trip to Carter county with Dr. Garkovich and putting in the surveys for Bath county for CEDIK, I found that I have an interest in drugs and teens. I considered writing a publication about that topic using the information from Bath and Carter county, but when I asked for permission to use the information, I realized that was not going to work. I learned that there would be too many legal hoops to jump through and I wouldn't get to access the information until after this internship was over. Once I knew that my idea for a project wasn't going to work out as I'd hoped, I put that energy towards another assignment.

I wrote a review of resources for Dr. Maurer which detailed the online resources dealing with drugs and drug facts that are available to the public. This review will help him in future classes when he is trying to find information to present to the class.

During this week I also helped Dr. Epps with a Turf Management class. I made nametags for the participants as well as put together folders and books. It was a learning experience with the printer for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment