Friday, July 5, 2013

More Adventures in Clark County


Open goat show at the Clark County Fair.

Another successful fair week in Clark County has come and gone! This year’s fair week was one of many new experiences, including a run in with a rogue hog. Livestock shows were not something I participated in as a 4H member, but thanks to county fair week I have definitely been given a great overview. As much of a success that county fair week was, I know we were all glad to see the last animal loaded into a trailer and the last exhibit picked up from Floral Hall.


Parachute fun at College Park!


The week following the fair, my time was divided between both 4H and ANR. During the early part of the week, 4H participated in the local Parks and Recreation Service’s day camp for local youth. I was able to relive some great childhood gym class memories with the kids by leading parachute games! The rest of the week was devoted to preparing for the county Field Day on Friday. Driving a fifteen passenger van down Gay Evans Road in Clark County is an experience I will not soon forget! We ended the tour back at the Extension Office with a pork tenderloin meal. Spending a Friday evening with local farmers was definitely a treat!



Tomorrow brings the District 4 Sheep Show at the
Clark County Fairgrounds. We will be spending later today preparing the show ring and getting the rest of the supplies in order. I look forward to the next few weeks as we lead up to the Intern Roundup. It’s hard to believe that I only have a little over a month left before my internship is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment