Monday, July 1, 2013

No Time to Stop!

I've been having so much fun and have been so busy that I almost forgot to blog about my expierences. Two weeks ago we were starting our last week of day camps! I started off the week with having our FCS agent, Mary Hixson, teach a 3 day class on weaving and needle tatting. We had a small group of 10 kids take part in this class. Each day the kids also received a little health lesson on what they were being served for lunch that day and how it fit into living a healthy lifestyle. The young ladies that participated in this class really enjoyed learning about Needlework, in fact they enjoyed it so much they have decided that they are going to start a club up when school starts back!
I spent Thursday prepping for 4-H Scrapbooking day on Friday and getting ready for our camper orientation and counselor orientation that night. That evening I checked off paperwork that we need for camp. I have been in charge of seeing that all that is in order and that we have everything that we need for camp.
Friday morning, 20 kids arrived at the office for a fun filled day of scrapbooking. I really enjoy scrapbooking so this is one of my favorite project days that I planned. The kids had a good time and their scrapbooking pages looked really good. Most of the kids decided to enter them into the county fair.
After the kids left the office on Friday, Jay, Mary and myself went down to the fair grounds to get everything ready for exhibit check-in on Sunday and Monday for 4-H, Ag and FCS. Once we were finished with that we went to a community event called "Party on the Square". Part of the time I helped Mary pass out information and prizes at her booth and the remainder of the time I helped Jay and one of the banks cook 1100 hotdogs that were given away to the public who were attending.

After that BUSY week, we are now entering the fair week! On Sunday Kim and I along with some wonderful 4-H council volunteers went to the fair grounds and opened the exhibit hall to start excepting 4-H exhibits. I worked at the fairgrounds until 10:00 getting all the exhibits that I had organized and displayed before the rest of the entries arrived. I was back at the fair grounds Monday morning to except the rest of my exhibits. We got all those organized just in time for the judging to begin! Monday night at the fair I worked at the Goat show and also helped Farm Bureau set up the horse show ring for the greased pig contest. This is one of everybodies favorite events every year at the fair. During the days of the fair I was at the office doing camp paperwork. On Tuesday night I worked at the Pig, Rabbit and Poultry show as well as attending the greased pig contest. On Wednesday night I worked at the Dairy show.
 Thursday was an exciting day at our office. We had a meet and greet with our new 4-H agent Eric Comley. I assisted in setting up for this event as well as helping prepare the meal. That night at the Fair I worked at the sheep show and passed out ribbons. After that was finished I went to support our local Farm Bureau in the event they were holding called a "Mutton Bustin" contest. This is an event that is held like bull riding for adults on you have kids ride sheep. This was a really cute event and the kids seemed like they really enjoyed it and the crowd had a blast. Friday and Saturday was the beef show at the fair. Since I show beef cattle my agent let me show and then help pass out ribbons when I had time in between my own classes. Then on Sunday the kids came back to the fairgrounds and picked up there checks and exhibits!
Overall I had a blast on working on my first fair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment