Friday, July 5, 2013

"Time flies when you're having fun!"

This summer is flying by! When I looked at the calendar I couldn’t believe that my internship is half over. Wow!  They always say “time flies when you’re having fun.”  That statement is very true.  Over the course of the past two weeks I have really been busy working on my summer project- The 12th Annual Bracken County Showmanship Show.  I have ordered the awards (belt buckle, plaques, director’s chair, and t-shirts), held a barn clean-up day with the kids, received many monetary donations, and lined up a judge for the event that will held July 14th.  I am very excited for this show that is a little over a week away.
Here is the crew that helped me & Rebecca clean up the barn for the show.
Along with all of that I have helped set up a switchgrass field day at one of our local farms in the county with our ag agent, David Appelman.  It was nice to get out and talk to the different farmers and inform them what I’ve been doing over the course of my internship.  I also attended my first District 1 ANR meeting in Lewis County on June 26.  Besides helping with the ag and natural resources side of extension I have helped 4-H by helping putting on an electricity project where kids made extension cords, cooking class, and helped with the July 4-H newsletter.  The remaining weeks of my internship are extremely packed and will keep me on my toes.  Some of the upcoming events we have planned are the showmanship show, 4-H camp, and the Germantown Fair which is July 29th - August 3rd.

Cooking camp participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment