Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 5 and 6


Oh how time flies when you’re busy and having fun.  These past two weeks have been busy but I have enjoyed every second of it. On Tuesday June 25, I had the opportunity to work with some of our 4h youth who are showing sheep. This is part of my project, helping the kids understands how and what needs to be done with their show animals to get them ready to show. I just had two youth, a 7 year old and an 11 year old. That doesn’t sound like a lot but when you have two kids and then two sheep that don’t want to work than you have your hands full. The kids did a really good job, they clipped the sheep and then we found some shade and lead them around. When we started, one of the kids was pulling their sheep because it didn’t want to move. After about an hour and a half the sheep was finally walking right beside the little boy. All our hard work paid off!!

This past week, June 30 to July 3, I was in Covington KY with my Agricultural agent attending the KACAA State meeting. This was an opportunity I didn’t want to miss. I met a lot of new agents that I wouldn’t have been able to meet if I didn’t attend. I enjoyed being able to attend a meeting like this because I was able to see what other agents were doing in their communities. It was nice being able to talk to the agent and learn about them and their work. I hate to say this but the best thing about the trip was being able to go to the Cincinnati Reds game and watch Homer Bailey pitch a NO HITTER!! I’m not a big baseball fan but I enjoyed watching the game with my fellow agents. Overall it was a great trip and I’m so glad Brandon asked me to go with him.

Now, it’s time to get back to work! State Fair papers here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment