Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quilts, Horses, and Speeches

I've been busy so I'm a little late with this post!  Now, well into the internship, I'm heavy into my summer project.  Hopefully by the end, I will have put together a book of the quilt squares here in Union County and the stories that accompany them.  It started off pretty easy getting the info sheets back from square owners, but now not so much!!  But I'm working on it.

These past 2 weeks, I've gotten to do a lot of different things.  I met with David (the agent "boss man" of the agents here in District 6).  Super nice guy!  Although, he said my downfall was that I was a Cardinals fan not a Reds.

Stephanie and I traveled up to the state horse show to watch our JV and Varsity equestrian drill team girls.  Both teams did a good job!  It was cool to see all the routines from all the other counties as well.  I took some pictures but they turned out a bit blurry -- hard to capture girls riding around so fast.  

State Communications Day was fun.  I was a room host for the 11 year old speech category.  I was blown away by how good of speakers these kids were!  They are going places!!  I initially wasn't necessarily too thrilled about getting up so early to go (my body was still on Central Time), BUT one of the judges in my room was a girl that I studied abroad in Ecuador with.  Small world!  Made it that much better to see her and a few more people I knew as a surprise as well as be able to listen to such talented 4Hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment