Friday, June 24, 2016

Where has the time gone?

Just yesterday it seems like I was beginning my first day as a Harrison County intern, and now I have several weeks under my belt already. So far this summer my internship has been a lot of fun and I have been able to see what exactly goes on in the office on a day to day basis. One day I may be going on a farm visit with the Ag agent to answer any questions they may have with their operation or crops and the next I could be canoeing with the 4-H agent with the outdoor adventure club. Harrison County has two interns this summer which is great because we are both getting to see a little bit of what each agent does for the county.

So far this summer I have had the opportunity to travel to one of the neighboring counties to help plant a research plot for corn, I have gone to countless farm visits to help with a wide range of questions that farmers have had, and making sure that the fairgrounds are getting ready for the upcoming fair with the Ag agent. I have been on canoeing trips with the outdoor adventure club and getting things ready for 4-H camp with the 4-H agent. The county agents have a lot of different things to do with their job and countless meetings to go to while still having a life of their own, which takes a special person to do. Even on the first day, all of the office employees make you feel like you are a part of their family and were very welcoming. All of the county residents that come in for questions or to pick up something always ask how the summer is going and that they are really glad to have us in the office this year.

My internship this summer has been eye opening as to what goes on from this side of things and I am very excited to see what the rest of the summer brings and to be attending camp next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment