Thursday, June 23, 2016

Intern Project Update

When deciding on my project I wanted to incorporate my strengths in agriculture with the needs of the county, as soon as someone mentioned the county needing extra help with livestock showmanship I jumped right on it. Throughout my time in 4H I was very big in the showing aspect of it and have made a lot of connections within the industry so I felt I could use those to my advantage for this project. We decided to set the date for the livestock showmanship clinic for July 12th, the week before our fair. During the clinic all the kids will go to all of the presenters including beef, dairy, goat, lamb, and hog showmanship. I already have a group of champion showmen lined up to help the kids perfect their skills and now I am working on getting some show supplies to give away to the kids. At the clinic they will learn how to prep and show all of the animals properly, this will be beneficial for when they are about to compete in the round-robin showmanship where they compete with all livestock and it will help younger youth decide which project will be right for them. I cannot wait to share my love for showing with everyone that comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment