Thursday, June 23, 2016

Franklin County is FUN!


          So far my experience with my internship in Franklin County has been amazing. I was really excited about this internship since it is a county I’m not from and it’s a multi agent county. So far I have visited environmental camp, helped teach a rocket class at 4-H camp, worked with  a group of Cloverbuds campers, helped with a project days, learned all about horses at the district 4 horse show, planned project days, lots and lots more, and in general learned more about how different counties do 4-H. 


   

I have learned a lot in the short time I’ve been in Franklin County, not just about 4-H but also the logistics of everything, the budgeting, the insurance, and risk management. These were things that I was aware of but hadn’t really learned too much about. I have also learned a lot about how multi agent counties work as Franklin County has two amazing 4-H agents. Having two agents really helps with larger counties but it also requires a lot of communication and coordination. It’s also been interesting to see how they do programs as sometimes they do them together, other times they are split up depending on program area or location.
I’m really enjoying my time in Franklin County and learning a ton. I’ve had some interesting experiences so far and have really enjoyed getting to know the people at the Franklin County Office, and the community. My favorite experience so far would be the Project WET training I went to today in Newport because not only did learn a lot but I also got to pet a penguin, which I think is a pretty cool job perk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment