Thursday, June 23, 2016

Twas the Night Before Day Camp

Twas the night before Day Camp…
            The day before my first Cloverbud Daycamp was spent crossing  “to do’s” hastefully off my list. I would be leading this year’s Daycamp and needed to complete samples of all of my crafts, finish decorating, make nametags, cover the tables with plastic, and stock the fridge. In the midst of this I had the daunting task of creating a master 4H camp class schedule that had been looming over me for my entire time as an intern. As this camp is rolling in quickly and affects not only my county, but also four others, it was imperative I update the schedule in a timely manner.  With still so much to do I went to bed asking myself if tomorrow would be a success or a big mess?
  Day One was anything but perfect but nothing but success. The kids truly enjoyed their time painting creatures of the sea and playing outside. The afternoon schedule was a little thrown off due to inclement weather so instead of water games we had an impromptu dance and singing session and popsicles on beach towels. While I was more tired than I expected to be, I was happy to have gotten in my 10,000 steps and left the office a tired drowned rat due to some rowdy teenage volunteers. 
                                 Twas the night before our final day two and all I can think is whoo hoo!




            Day two has come and come gone and now it’s time to clean up and rest! With more inclement weather we were forced inside for longer than expected. We improved with indoor fishing over a sheet, crab walk races, and beanbag tosses. Crafts were made, pictures were developed, and birthdays were celebrated.
            This week challenged me to become more flexible with scheduling. We were unable to do all of the activities and crafts that were planned but the kids were constantly busy! 

            Coming up next week is the big 4H camp! Following that I will be hosting my project day where kids ages 9+ will join me in planting tomato and pepper plants and making their own salsa!  

No comments:

Post a Comment