Thursday, June 23, 2016

4H Camp & Kentucky Youth Seminar

As a member of 4H for 14 years and an intern in Scioto County, Ohio last year, I'm sure you will be surprised when I say this summer was my first time ever going to 4H camp. Everyone is always amazed when I say that and wonder why but its mainly because of my livestock projects. Summer is definitely crunch time when you have livestock to work with for the fair so I couldn't bring myself to miss out on days of exercising the lambs and training with the horses. With this being my first 4H camp and having to give direction and being in charge of a cabin, it was a stressful time to say the least but I made the best of it by helping with the swim class. Camp was definitely an amazing experience and I'm glad the internship allowed me to have the opportunity of going for the very first time.

I was also given the opportunity to go to the Kentucky Youth Seminar and I am so thankful for that. As a recent graduate of Morehead State, its time for me to decide what I want to do in the adult world and this has opened my eyes and showed me exactly what I want to do. Throughout the last few days I have had a blast working with the high schoolers we brought and received a phone call about a job opportunity teaching high school agriculture in my hometown. Attending the Kentucky Youth Seminar has assured me that I will love investing my time sharing my passion for agriculture with the high school students back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment