Friday, June 24, 2016

Project Update

I have decided to conduct my project either the second of third week of July. It really depends on the place I will be doing it at. For my internship project I have decided to do a 3 day camp on healthy eating and physical fitness for children ages 9-10.  Looking through the county profile under Jefferson County, I seen that that even though the obesity levels aren't high, they could use some more help in that area to avoid future health risks. I think this will be very beneficial for children so that they can be aware of the importance of physical fitness and  to maintain a healthy diet so they can prolong their life.
I have chosen to do it at the YMCA during their summer program. My agent has helped me contact people and we plan on going up there to give them my proposal. With the camp, I plan on teaching the children the importance of physical fitness while incorporating fun activities that will keep them active and moving. At the end of the lessons we will make a healthy snack that they can take home with them.
I hope this program will be beneficial for them. I'm already excited to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment